Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Academic and Emotional Services Coordinator
Start date: August 1, 2019
Community Day School is poised to embrace transformational leadership in expanding our capacity to serve the widest diversity of learners. We intentionally and proudly commit to offering academic and emotional supports that will ensure that students of all ages and abilities can live up to their highest aspirations as learners and as human beings.
We seek a leader with a holistic vision of education that reveals a deep understanding of neurodiversity and inclusion, and whose personal characteristics will generate respect and admiration from students, staff, parents, and trustees.
Our ideal candidate possesses a growth mindset, viewing leadership as the opportunity to serve and understanding that a collaborative team is the secret strength of a strong leader.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the Academic and Emotional Services team to create a program that will provide staff, students, parents, and the greater community with the disposition, resources, tools, and temperament to invest in each students’ success.
- Facilitate administration and staff’s understanding of neurodiversity and inclusion through ongoing modeling, support, and training.
- Support educators in meeting the unique needs of intellectually or otherwise gifted students.
- Support educators in meeting the needs of twice exceptional learners, those who have both high ability and a disability or disorder, recognizing that ability can be in any culturally-valued domain, including high intelligence, academics, the visual or performing arts, and athletics.
- Oversee the development of a systematic approach to learning plans through the process of collaboration with existing support team and input from parents, teachers, and students.
- Connect CDS with available services through the Intermediate Unit and other community partners.
- Coordinate systems of communications between parents, teachers and the Academic and Emotional Services team so that efforts are aligned and all are free to focus on creating optimal support for each student.
- All members of our Academic and Emotional Services team must have a track record of effective teaching so that students, staff, and parents can come to rely upon and trust their professional expertise. Limited teaching duties may be assigned based on needs and may be best leveraged as opportunities to model strategies and techniques in real time.
Credentials and Requirements:
- Must possess undergraduate and graduate degrees, and/or have several years of experience working within the field of Special Education or Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services.
- Must be well versed in Special Education, Functional Behavior Assessment, and be interested in exploring the function of behaviors.
- Must continue to develop necessary skills through continuing education requirements required to maintain license or other relevant credentials.
- Have previous experience in developing Individualized Education or Learning Support Plans.
- Have previous experience working directly with children and youth.
- Have previous experience supervising others and/or working collaboratively as part of a team to support children/youth.
- Have previous experience supporting teachers in modifying curricular materials to meet academic differences including intellectual giftedness.
Applicants should submit:
- Resume with related and all past work experience and all certifications
- reference letters/or names and contact information for references
- Cover Letter including: Statement of Educational Philosophy and Interest in Community Day School
- Salary requirements (must be included to be considered)
- Clearances (most recent)
Daily substitute teachers for all grades and subjects are also needed. These positions require elementary certifications for Lower School general studies and secondary certifications in major subject area for Middle School, as well as a minimum of two years of teaching experience.
Hebrew and Jewish Studies
Support and Gifted Services
Middle School subjects including Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Support, Science, and Spanish
Email cover letter, resume, references, and current clearances (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Community Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note our campus is tobacco-free. All employees at Community Day School are required to obtain a tuberculosis test and the following clearances prior to employment:
- PA Criminal History Check
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (you will need to create your own Keystone ID)
- Federal Criminal History Check (requires you get fingerprints after you register)