To deliver a joyful, innovative education that empowers our children to become accomplished learners and compassionate upstanders who are committed to Jewish life and to creating a better world.
Community Day School is a nurturing, academically excellent Jewish day school for the 21st century. We are a welcoming community where Pittsburgh families who span the spectrum of Jewish belief and practice can learn and connect along with their children. As our students grow in knowledge from Early Childhood through 8th Grade, they grow as people—finding their passions, embracing their Jewish identities, and preparing for successful and meaningful lives.
We act in accordance with Jewish values and are committed to:
• Torah (Learning): Providing quality education to as many Jewish children as possible
• Avodah (Prayer): Helping our children discover their own spirituality and relationship with God through ritual
• Gemilut Hasadim: Acts of loving kindness and ethical teachings
• Tikkun Olam: Repairing the world
• Derech Eretz (Manners – the way of the land): Respecting others
• Menschlichkeit: Being a person of good character
• K’lal Yisrael (People of Israel): Connecting with the Jewish people, the state of Israel, and our inclusive community