CDS Parent Association
The CDS Parent Association (PA) is a collaborative, school-wide volunteer-led effort, working in partnership with the school administration to:
- Plan engaging grade-level programs for families that foster a vibrant and welcoming community
- Support faculty and staff through programs like Staff Appreciation Week and monthly breakfasts
- Encourage family support of the mission and values of the school
- Work with the Green Team to lead efforts in the school’s sustainability practices and environmental programming
- Create opportunities for family volunteerism at school events
- Support at-home celebrations around holidays and Shabbat
- Lead fundraising efforts to support school-wide initiatives and programming, including GRANTED!
The CDS Parent Association puts the 'community' in 'Community Day School'
Parent dedication to the school and your willingness to give in any way that makes sense for you—your time, your energy, your talent—will help us to thrive. We always need parents and caregivers who are willing to step forward and take leadership roles.
Every parent at CDS is a member of the Parent Association, and our effectiveness is a function of the involvement of all parents. The PA Leadership Board consists of 13 enthusiastic and dedicated parents who are working hard to ensure that we have an incredible and productive school year,
2022-2023 Parent Association Leadership Team
President: Bryna Siegel Finer
Treasurer: Maureen Ghaznavi
Green Team: Molly Muffet, Jessica Neiss, Mara Svoboda
Rachel Albert, Samantha Ferris, Emily Friedman-Novak, Karen Galor, Andrea Goldschmidt, Lindsey Herman, Beth Jacobs, Jessica Neiss, Stephanie Shropshire