Welcome to the homepage for CDS@home. Here you'll find links to various digital school resources available while Community Day School has moved to online learning spaces, as well as creative and fun ways for CDS families to connect, find joy and meaning, and build community in this unprecedented time.
We know this transition will not be easy and we will be learning together as we go along. We also know that no distance learning experience can truly replicate the uniquely human academic program at CDS. We will have inspiring successes. We will also make mistakes and that will be OK because we will fall forward, again together. It will take ingenuity, open minds, open hearts, humility, flexibility, patience, and grace to make this initiative meaningful. We will be here to support your children and your family every step of the way.
If you have questions or want to share ideas or photos, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And don't forget to tag us on social media with your CDS@home photos with #CDSathome.
CDS@home At A Glance:
CDS@home has the following goals consistent with our mission and core Jewish values at Community Day School:
- Move forward individual student and class learning goals;
- Incorporate varied, fun, creative, and kinesthetic activities;
- Use technology to simulate an interactive class setting;
- Connect virtually with our spiritual community through tefillah options
- Be sustainable for faculty and students; and
- Support teachers and families as they navigate challenges that arise with work schedules and childcare during extended closures
How To Get Help:
- I have a technology hardware question
- I have an educational software question
- I have a MyComday.org question
- I have an Early Childhood question
- I have a Lower School question
- I have an Intermediate School/Middle School question
- I have a medical question for the School Nurse
- I have an Academic and Emotional Services question
- I have a question or idea about CDS@home family activities and programs
- COVID-19 Update: Week of May 11
- CDS Revised 2020 Calendar
- ERB Testing Update - April 23, 2020
- CDS@home extended through June 11
- CDS@home Extended and Overnight Trip Update: April 2. 2020
- CDS@home: Connecting for impact - March 27, 2020
- CDS COVID-19 Update and New Passover Break: March 24, 2020
- Launching CDS@home (Intermediate School and Middle School)
- Launching CDS@home (Early Childhood and Lower School)
- CDS Parent Update: March 17. 2020
- CDS COVID-19 Update: Two-Week School Closure
- Lion King Jr. Postponed
- CDS Closed: March 16 and 17
- CDS COVID-19 Update: March 12, 2020
- CDS Coronavirus Update: March 5, 2020
- Coronavirus Information: February 27, 2020
Community Day School is monitoring the COVID-19 situation carefully and taking proactive measures to help ensure the health and safety of our families and staff in accordance with the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Allegheny County Health Department, the Pennsylvania Department of Health, and other health officials.
- Allegheny County Health Department
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- What is COVID-19
- How to protect yourself
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to children about COVID-19
- Just for kids: A comic exploring the Coronavirus
- Hebrew Free Loan Association Coronavirus Financial Bridge Loan Program
- Financial assistance available through JFunds
- Disaster loans available to small businesses and nonprofits
- Jewish Family and Community Services
CDS Emergency Tuition Assistance Fund:
In response to this global crisis and its impact on the Community Day School community, we have established the CDS Emergency Tuition Assistance Fund.
Our mission and values compel us to offer every Jewish child in the Pittsburgh area an outstanding education. Gifts designated to this fund will support members of the CDS community who may have unanticipated need for financial aid as our world has shifted.
If you are in a position to do so, please make a gift to the CDS Emergency Tuition Assistance Fund. We are deeply grateful for your support during this challenging time, and wish you safety and good health.